Friday, October 4, 2019

RTWH 2020 Planning Trip -- September 2019

I had a wildly productive few days in New Hampshire, planning for the Road to the White House 2020.

I met with 15 Democratic presidential campaigns and the Trump campaign, visited the NH Democratic and Republican party HQs, criss-crossed the state visiting campaign HQs and attending events (town halls and office openings).  At the NHDP Convention I heard from 19 Democratic presidential candidates during 7 hours of speeches while also collecting artifacts for my class (lit, signs, stickers, etc). 

There are many planning trip posts on this blog -- with pictures of the campaigns and the HQs around the state -- Manchester, Nashua, Conway, Concord, Laconia, and more.  

Here are a few pics from my travels (not specifically campaign-related). New Hampshire is a beautiful state and it was good to be back.  When we return in February, I expect these scenes to be blanketed in snow.  I was getting nostalgic as I drove around the state.  T Minus 121 days from today, we'll be back and ready for our adventure!


The State House in Concord -- in 2016 we were able to meet with then Executive Councilor Chris Pappas and to attend the State of the State Address with then Governor Maggie Hassan -- it was a great way for my students to learn more about the political landscape in NH


seen in a shop window in Concord, NH (there for a meeting with the Gabbard campaign at a coffee shop on Main Street) -- Live Free, or Die!
City Hall in Concord

campaign meetings were scheduled in this coffee shop on Elm Street in Manchester .....I loved the NH vacation guide poster....NH is such a beautiful state

Victory Park in Manchester

had to stop off for lunch at the Puritan Back Room

no -- I didn't get the famous chicken tenders -- but I did have a Greek salad with my quiche

stopped by for an ice cream as I was heading back to the MHT airport - it was a sweet trip to NH
I drove through the Lakes Region (Town Hall with Vice President Joe Biden in Laconia) and up to Conway (and White Mountains) (Office Opening with Mayor Pete Buttigieg

There is a Common Man Restaurant near our hotel - checking on pricing -- perhaps we will have one of our group dinners here? (pictured here--my lobster corn chowder)

No comments:

Post a Comment