Saturday, February 1, 2020

The First in the Nation New Hampshire Presidential Primary - Coming soon in 360 degrees! Thanks to OLITS at USFSP

We have a fabulous distance learning team in our Online Learning and Instructional Technology Services (OLITS).

The Director - David Brodosi - has done an amazing job with developing distance learning and all things tech-related to improve instruction on our campus (e.g., he and his team helped me develop my American Government class online - see

JSM's article in the eJournal of Public Affairs: "Civic Engagement in the Online Classroom"

and, going even farther back, David helped me set up my first iPad (!)

After our class (which, when we are on campus, meets in the new STEM lab in Heller Hall) we met with David to get a tutorial in how to use the 360 degree camera.

Stay tuned for videos from the first-in-the-nation primary in New Hampshire - that are 360 degrees!

This is the 5th time I have taught this quadrennial course, and so much changes with each election cycle. I first taught this course before facebook and before twitter and before instagram. 

Now for the 2020 course, my students will "take over" the "I Am USFSP" instagram account.  (More on that in a separate post)

I appreciate OLITS and the work that is being done to keep us up-to-date on the latest technology.  I am looking forward to seeing how this new camera helps us to communicate with you (more intensely) about what we are doing and learning in New Hampshire.


 


when you download the app on your phone, then you can see the videos the camera is recording - and save and share them from there

No comments:

Post a Comment